Sunday, October 7, 2012

Color Run

It is coming upon our 3 year wedding anniversary and we wanted to do something fun and different that we have never done together. I had a few friends run the Color Run 5k in Minnesota this summer so we decided that would be something fun we could do together. So we signed up and yesterday was the day.

We got up to a cold yet sunny day. With it being so cold we had to add a few layers but we still had fun. We got there about 11:30 and stayed in the car until 12:15 and then we decided to brave the cold and go get in line. We were about in the middle of the pack so we had to wait longer.

Once we got started we were getting passed left and right. We had already decide that we were going to walk/jog the whole way because we are not runners. We came up to the first color station and I didn't get my mouth closed all the way so I got some in my mouth and it was like eating chalk! We finished and we had such a blast!! My parents came to watch us and take a few pictures. I am glad they came I know a 5k is no big deal but it was nice that they came and supported us.

After the race we went to the car and pretty much stripped down and changed into other clothes. My running clothes were not as dirty as Brian's but I think that is because we stayed close when we walked and they mostly aimed at him when we went into the color station. When we changed and finally got out of the parking lot after about 45 minutes we headed for Jethro's (BBQ place) It was some yummy food and we were both so hungry because we didn't eat anything since before we left the house at 9.

                                                   Here are a few pictures from the race.
Me ready to go!! I added gloves and a scarf for the race.

Brian doing a little dance to keep warm.

Ready to go.

Here we are at about the finish line. Not a great pic but it shows how colorful Brian is compared to me.

I would half to say this is by far one of the funnest things we have done for our anniversary. If you ever get the chance to do the Color run I say DO IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment