Sunday, April 21, 2013

National Infertility Awareness Week

National Infertility Awareness Week, sometimes abbreviated as NIAW. The goal of the week is to raise awareness about infertility and help couples with infertility cope with their disease.
The week provides a time for those with infertility to "come out" to their friends and families, if they wish, and encourages the fertility challenged to not feel ashamed. I took part in this last year when I “came out” It was one of the most scary but most powerful thing I could do. I was scarred about what people would think or how they would look at me after I “came out” But to my surprise I had many people support me in this!
Even though our family building journey isn’t resolved. I think it helps so much that people I love and care about are so understanding.
This week I will be posting on my Facebook everyday about NIAW to raise awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment