Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Old time recipes

I asked my mom the other day if she had the recipe for the Carmel popcorn that Brian loves so much. She said let me look and took 20 minutes digging through her recipe box! She was saying the whole time under her breath god I wish these were in some kind of order....I should put these in a book. That got me thinking with Christmas coming up I should make her a recipe book!

Mom and Dad are on vacation this week so it was a great time to go get her recipes and copy them. I went today and got the recipe box and wow you are not kidding she has a ton of recipes in there. I also found a lot of Grandmas old recipes and by old I mean over 40 years old! I was very glad to find all of those recipes because it brings back great memories.

So now comes the hard part. Organizing and categorizing and trying to figure out how and what I want to do for a recipe book. I am open for suggestions... I need to get started on this to get it done in time for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment