Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

This has been a fun and exciting weekend. First off Saturday I had to work and we were busy!!! Holiday weekends are always busy and that is a good thing in a little town with only one grocery store/gas station. Then Saturday night I had to kick my feet up and relax after the busy day. I some how and I am still not sure how I got my dear sweet hubby to do my feet. He was not sure what to do so I had to tell him what each tool was for and how to use it.
I took this picture on the down low he didn't know I was taking it and he may be a little mad if he found out I was showing this picture off (you know it's not so manly of him)
 
He even rubbed my feet!! So glad we were watching friends because he was more interested in watching than paying attention to how long he was rubbing my feet.
 
Sunday I got to sleep in (Brian didn't because he was on call so he was up most of the night) Then in the afternoon our good friends Mitch and Megan came over to stay for the night. We do not live very close so when we get together we always have a good time!
 
Megan and I made supper and got to crafting. I had some craft projects that I had to do for a few people and I loved having here around to help.(I will make a new post with those projects)
This was our yummy dinner. Lasagna and french bread.

And Mitch's favorite dessert better than sex cake!

Today we took it easy we slept in a bit and had a delish cherry butter braid for breakfast. The boys went to "the pizza ranch" for their fantasy football thing and that left me and Megan with a whole day to ourselves. We had lunch with the boys and then made a trip to Wal-Mart.
 
We had such a good time looking around and picking out school stuff for Megan and birthday stuff for my nephew. We always have something funny happen to us at Wal-Mart and today was no different. Most people would think our stories are crazy ( I know our husbands do) but we had a run in with a weird checker and Megan almost ran into him and all he could say was Hello! in a kind of creepy voice and had a creepy stare.
 
It is now around 6:30 and Mitch and Megan left for home. Now is the time....the dreaded Sunday night "oh crap we have work in the morning" Well I know it is Monday but it feels like Sunday because of the holiday. So I am trying to set myself up for the week ahead of me. I know 5am is going to come way to early.

No comments:

Post a Comment