Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15th infant loss remembrance day

On October 15, at 7:00 pm in all time zones, families around the United States will light candles in memory all of the precious babies who have been lost during pregnancy or in infancy.  Too many families grieve in silence, sometimes never coming to terms with their loss.

If you or someone you know has suffered a miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss due to SIDS/SUID, prematurity or other cause, we hope you will join us in this national tribute to create awareness of these tragic infant deaths and provide support to those that are suffering.
 
Help us create a ‘wave’ of light across our nation!
 
 
-I am one in four who has lost a baby before I was able to meet them. Four babies, to be exact.
 
-I am one in four who has experienced the pain, tears, and heartache of wanting a baby so badly, then having them taken from me far too soon.

-I am one in four who has felt the loneliness and isolation that miscarriages often times bring.

-I am one in four who miss my babies everyday, even though I never got a chance to hold them.

-I am one in four who watched my dreams for those babies shatter right before my eyes…And, there was nothing I could do about it.

-I am one in four and I’m ready to break the silence.

One in four women experience pregnancy or infant loss. That is a crazy statistic, yet, it’s still such a taboo subject. People are often times too afraid to talk about their losses, because they are afraid of what others might think or say. So instead, they suffer in silence.
Don’t you think it’s time to educate others about miscarriage, still birth, and infant loss, so that others no longer have to silently grieve? I do.
It’s time to help our friends live with their losses, not get over them, and it’s time to let grieving mothers talk about their losses, without feeling like they are making others feel uncomfortable.
I am the face. I am one in four.
And, I bet a lot of your other friends are, too. 

If you want to find more information click here

No comments:

Post a Comment