Thursday, August 16, 2012

Date night and Great savings!

Today I went and got my hair "did" as my sister would say. I was looking for something fresh and new. I have lost almost 10 lbs (go me) and I wanted to do something nice for me. I set off to pinterest to find a new do. I found this cute hair style.
I think it turned out pretty good!! It looks a little more red in this picture but it is because of the way the sun is hitting it.

Well after I got my hair done I felt super cute and wanted to go on a date with my hubby. I called him and told him we should go for Mexican for dinner. He agreed and we went for a super yummy dinner.
This is my burrito Mexico (no sauce and no onion) Just the way I like it.

After dinner we went to none other than....you guessed it Walmart. No date night would be complete without a trip to Walmart to get a few groceries. I was not very prepared to go shopping because I didn't even bring my coupon book. We only went to get lunch meat, eggs, butter, and peanut butter. Brian wanted shaved ham and I wanted shaved turkey so we were just going to get a little of each at the deli counter. We were quite surprised when we were waiting in line to get our meat and the lady in front of us was getting turkey and it was a dollar a pound!!! Yes turkey that is usually $6.24/lb. was now $1/lb. We looked at each other and were like sweet!!! We got 5lbs of turkey and the guy that was shaving the turkey told us the other ham that was on sale for the same price also! Needless to say we loaded up on turkey and ham.
This is all the meat we brought home. We got out our trusty old food saver system and went to work on wrapping the meat. After it was all said and done we spent $41.36 at Walmart and had a savings of $71.46!!!!!!!! I was so happy.

When we got done wrapping all that meat we sat done and ate a slice of Carmel Apple pie that I just happened to pick up while Brian was waiting for the guy to cut our meat. It hit the spot and was a good ending to a good "Date Night"



No comments:

Post a Comment