Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yummy Yummy Banana Bread

Today at work I had about a dozen banana's that were going bad and my boss was going to throw them away but I stopped him. I had the perfect recipe to make banana bread! I got home and got out the old trusty cookbook.
                     (You know when a recipe is good when the cookbook page looks like this)


I got out all the ingredients....thank goodness I had all of them because most of the time I am missing one or more.
       
              Banana Bread:
1/2 c. butter                      2 c. flour
1 c. sugar                         1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs                              1 tsp. baking soda
3 very ripe bananas         1 1/4 c. pecans (optional)
 
I creamed the butter and sugar. Then added the eggs and banana's. I beat that well.

In a separate bowl I mixed the flour, salt, and soda.


I then decided to use that Handy little thing-magig that comes with your kitchen aid mixer that you put on when you are mixing and adding ingredients and it lets it not go all over your kitchen. (This is the first time I have used that thing-magig) You know what?? It works pretty good...why have I not been using this all the time?
 Mix together everything and then put in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so.

 When it is all baked it should look something like this. Don't you just love the kitty towel it is sitting on? It came from Brian's grandma. She made these for us before she passed away so we love them and use them only for special occasions.

I made four loves of these. One for a co-worker, a friend and her hubby, one of our favorite neighbors, and us!

I hope you enjoy this post. This is one of our favorite recipes and I try to make it at least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment