Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma-
Today I thought of you at first it was happy thoughts like how you showed me how to make a pie. How you always said that it does not matter who you marry as long as it is someone who you love and who treats you right. How you taught me that I should always treat people the way I would like to be treated.
 I had a great time remembering all the times I stayed at your house when I was younger and how I would go in with you to grandpa's eyeglass shop and pretend I was the Secretary and would color for hours and try on all the glasses. I remember feeding and watering the two pink flamingos down by your bird bath (you got so mad when I would waste all the water just playing in it but you never told me that I had to stop) I remember playing with dolls and having you help me rock my babies to sleep.
 As I got older I had more great memories like that summer you lived with us until your apartment was ready. The special gift you gave me for my 18th birthday (the gold ring your grandmother gave you for your 18th birthday) I still think of you when I wear that ring. I remember you always giving me coupons and a list to get your groceries when I got off work in town. I remember the way you would always have pop and homemade cookies at your house ALWAYS!

It makes me sad to think that you are gone and you never got to be at our wedding or see our house become our home.I am glad you got to meet Brian because he is a wonderful man who treats em with respect and love.  I am sad that you will never get the chance to meet our children when we have them. They will never get the chance to meet the amazing woman who tough me so much. They will never have the chance for Grandma Hilda to call them sweet pea or hold and rock them in your arms.
 This makes me so sad and teary eyed but I know you are in a better place now and I know you are keeping an eye on all of us down here. I also know that you are doing an amazing job up in heaven taking care of our 4 little babies that we were not able to keep with us. I know you are holding all of them and giving them all big hugs. I love and miss you so much Grandma.

XOXO
Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment